Monday 17 September 2012

Stressful cinematic experience

Coincidentally, I also ended up making a short visit to Lincoln on Thursday. Twice in the space of a week. I checked out Brayford Pool and the area around the University. Didn't go on a boat trip though. Could have wandered up to see the Cathedral, ... but the thought of Steep Hill put me off.

To be honest, I was really tired and had a couple of hours to kill ... so I wrote a postcard and then went to see 'Lawless' at the cinema. It was most traumatic. For some reason, I didn't understand a word the attendant was saying. Do you still call someone who works at a cinema, an attendant? Not sure. His words just seemed to melt together
    Could I have a ticket for Lawless, please?
    frontmiddlebackordoyouwantapremiumseatfortwopoundsextra [this is what I he inferred he was saying from a thorough analysis of the conversation on my journey home]
    Um, ... sorry could you repeat that?
    wouldyouliketositatthefrontthemiddleortheback
    Oh, okay. Middle.
    Seven pounds.
    ...
    Are you 18. It's an 18.
    I'm 27.
    Oh, right. We have to ask.
    Okay, ... thanks.
Too stressful. There's nothing particularly unusual about the Lincolnshire accent. Not sure why I couldn't understand this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment