Monday 3 June 2013

Spring Bank Holiday, Part One: Films

So, last weekend was the spring bank holiday. Three days with no great plans. Shining sun. London to explore. Alas, I finished work on Friday with a fever. Awesome timing. Still, managed to do a couple of cool things ... despite spending most of the 3 days chilling in my room.

Decided to head out on Saturday afternoon to see Star Trek Into Darkness. I really liked the 2009 reboot. It was a great blockbuster film. Not so sure about Into Darkness. Suppose my expectations were much higher. Although there was lots to like and I did enjoy it, ... upon leaving the cinema it just all felt a bit stupid. Characters didn't really develop. Any actions felt like they were taken to further the plot, as opposed to having a logical basis in terms of the individual character. Consequences lasted for a matter of moments, before everything was kind of okay again.

In the evening I watched Baseketball with my flatmates. Late 90's film, starring Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame. It's pretty funny. Most importantly, Reel Big Fish are the half-time band:


Never used to be fussed about ska-punk, ... but the influence of others and seeing Reel Big Fish live a total of three times now has converted me. Beer is probably up there with my favourite songs. If you ever get chance to see them play, do it. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment