Monday 7 July 2014

Sinking

You know those times when you just feel an overwhelming sadness. Was just listening to Ready to Start by Arcade Fire. A friend posted it to Facebook. I always found it to be a rather moving song. But I'm not sure I've ever really listened to it before. Not properly. It's like the first time now. I suppose it's about making a big decision. Having the courage to do so. Not doing what is expected of you. But what you need to. That probably makes absolutely no sense. It stuck a chord at this particular moment though.

For some reason it just made me think about all the changes that may/may not be about to happen. Maybe I'm entering a period of melancholy. Been so busy recently. Just keeping my head above water. And filling my spare time with 'stuff' whilst I still have the opportunity. Avoiding reality. For a moment or two.

Eventually you have to decide what you want, right. Then go for it. Perhaps I should actually deal with all those issues that I previously chose to avoid.


Ha. It was probably a bad time to listen to this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment